Sunday, November 26, 2006

Finding great locations to photograph

If you're like me, you're always looking for new things to photograph. Sometimes it might seem hard to find a good photogenic location. To get something unique, you need to think outside of the box. Here's some ideas to get you going:

Old buildings
Public land, such as parks, forests, and the like
Events like car shows, carnivals and parades
Farm markets

Also remember, what to you may seem uninteresting may be very interesting to others. I live in a town with a beautiful historic lighthouse, but I had never photographed it until just last winter. When I finally did venture out there with my camera, I took this:

Try looking around your house for interesting images. I took this picture in my grandmother's house:

You never know where you'll find your next great image!

No comments: